First consultative meetings of universities on Inclusive Education at Higher Education held Friday March 11, 2016 at Higher Education Commission Islamabad under the Chairmanship of Executive Director of HEC. Eminent academic leaders and consultants on disability participated. Prof. Dr. Abdul Hameed (Dean SSS&H) was the guest speaker at this occasion.
Following recommendation were made:
- All universities will be made accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Funds will be provided to build disabled friendly infrastructure.
- Incisive education will be included as a theme in thematic research grants project.
- Funds will also be provided for small scale research projects.
- The Executive Director declared himself as coordinator on inclusive education.
It was very productive meeting and created hopes for rapid growth on the subject in future.