Pakistan's print, broadcast and web media market is fast expanding and the advancement in technology has brought in new and tougher competition. The government is opening the private sector for TV channels. Internet and satellite media are already making a great impact on society in several ways.
There is a need to produce professionals and managers who can take up exciting positions in various media outlets and media-related positions in businesses.
Equally important is the need to produce researchers who can analyze the impact of media explosion on society.
Who can benefit:
- Fresh graduates
- Working journalists
- News and current affairs people in broadcast media
- Mass communication researchers
- Media managers in businesses
- Media owners
- Advertising and PR managers
- Media entrepreneurs
The Faculty of Media and Communications emphasizes close interaction with individuals working in all communication fields, professional news organizations and other educational institutions. Professional reporters, editors, photographers, advertising practitioners and public relations specialists are associated with the Faculty through part-time teaching assignments and an extensive internship program.
After graduating from UMT, you are likely to find employment opportunities in the following areas:
- Editorial positions at press, broadcast and web media outlets
- Managerial positions in media
- Public relation firms or PR departments of corporations
- Advertising agencies
- Establishing new businesses
- Teaching or researching mass communication