Program exclusively designed for existing and prospective leaders and
Professionals in the area of Technical and vocational Education
M. Phil in Technology Education program is designed to prepare vibrant pedagogical leaders to meet emerging challenges in technical and vocational education. This will help the existing or prospective leaders and professionals to equip with the latest knowledge and skills required to bring technical and vocational education to new realm of educational excellence.
Clearly, it will equip candidates with the necessary knowledge, skills and capabilities to lead their organizations effectively at a time of rapid change. It also provides an excellent opportunity for in-depth study of current issues in the management of education and training programs in technical and vocational institutions. They will also be prepared to design new curricula and refine the existing one.
Prospective candidates in this program include principals, vice-principals, heads of department, and teachers of technical and vocational institutions along with fresh graduates wishing to have career in technical and vocational education.
The program gives a solid foundation in research, policy, pedagogy and management topics and issues, develops a practical understanding and relevant skills required for professionals in technology education.
Program Credit Hours
Credit hours of the programs are 30. Coursework comprises of 24 credit hours and research 6 credit hours.
- Quantitative Research Methods in Education
- Qualitative Research Methods in Education
- Educational Policy and Quality Assurance
- Innovations for School Improvement
Non Credit Course
- Introduction to SPSS and ENVIVO
- Administration and Leadership in Career and Technical Education
- Measurement and Evaluation in Career and Technical Education
- Trends and Issues in Workforce Education and Development
- Curriculum Development in Technical and Vocational Education
Duration of Study
Candidates may complete the program in 2 years on a regular basis.
Entry to the program is managed in a case to case basis. In broad terms admission is available to those who meet the following requirements.
- Master degree in MA Technology Education
- MA / MEd Industrial Arts
- B-Tech / B.Sc Engineering with 3 years of teaching experience
||Rs 225,000 (Payable in 8 equal quarterly installments)