Aims and Objectives
- To promote awareness about the basis and salient features of Islamic Thought and Civilization.
- To open new vistas of instructions and research in Islamic thought and civilization.
- To promote studies and research in Islamic thought and civilization involving conceptual analyses, clarifications and elaborations of Islamic key concepts.
- To provide solution of cultural, educational, scientific and epistemological problems encountered by Muslims in the present age.
- To provide an Islamic response to the intellectual and cultural challenges of the modern world.
- To produce Muslim scholars for inter-faith and Inter-civilization discussions and dialogues.
- To highlight the role of Islam in development of various fields of knowledge and global civilization.
- To establish an international reputed institute of teaching and research in the field of Islamic Thought & Civilization.
Merits of the Programs
High quality research and advanced courses are the strength of these programs, which are supported by professional and dedicated faculty, excellent library facilities and ample financial assistance.
- The programs are research based and latest research methods and techniques in vogue in Western world are introduced to participants so that they can conduct effective research, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Ways and means are identified to provide participants an opportunity to explore countries of the Muslim world, so that they can write reports on problems and challenges being faced by the Muslim societies and recommend solutions to the problems.
- In addition to the intellectual and academic resources available locally, foreign Muslim scholars and even non-Muslim scholars will be invited to share their knowledge with the participants.
- We are trying to involve people in the corporate sector, government agencies and even in private sector that are in decision making position and wish to take decisions in Islamic perspective. These programs can help and inculcate true Islamic spirit in these people.
- The programs have been designed to address real world issues in objective and rational manner in Islamic perspective, avoiding sectarianism or any affiliation with specific religious or political ideologies. Hence, curriculum has been developed in a way which reflects impartiality, rationality and views of all schools of thought and not limited to any single sect, ideology and framework.
- The participants are educated and trained in a way that they can affectively participate and play a role in interfaith and inter-civilization dialogue
All that is required on the part of the student is enthusiasm and genuine interest in the subject.
- M. Phil/Ph. D degree in Islamic Thought & Civilization will widen career options including existing opportunities in public and private sector educational institutions.
- World's interest in Islam has increased many folds and consequently most of the world / Western universities have introduced courses on the study of Muslim civilization. These universities are looking for highly qualified and skilled teachers. Our program is designed to produce such teachers.
- Debate on Islam has also increased in print and electronic media and policy making institutions nationally and internationally. This program would prepare scholars to initiate dialogue in Islamic perspective in these organizations.
- Research on Islam has also increased in public and private sector universities and research institutions. This program would prepare researchers who are able to conduct research in these institutions in Islamic perspective.
Each participant must write dissertation in the major areas of specialization consisting of original research of high impact. In addition to the internal dissertation committee, the dissertation will also be examined by two eminent international experts in the related field.
Course Work 18
Research Work (Dissertation)
Admission Criteria for Ph. D Islamic Thought & Civilization
Admission will be on merit on the following criteria:
- M. Phil Islamic Thought & Civilization or M. Phil/MS or equivalent degree from an HEC recognized University
- CGPA of 3.00/4.00
- Entrance Test
- Interview performance
- Arabic and English Language Proficiency
There are no age, nationality and gender restrictions.
- Course Work (18 Credit Hours)
- Comprehensive Examination
- One Publication in HEC Approved Journal
- Subject GRE International/Local
- Research Work (27 Credit Hours)
- Admission Fee : 20,000/-
- Library Fund: 5,000/-
- Tuition Fee: 325,000/-
- Total: 350,000/-
Dues will be charged in quarterly (12) Installments.
Dr Mumtaz Ahmad Salik