The Master of Arts in Education Program has been designed for graduates currently teaching as untrained teachers or those who want to take up teaching as their profession. The program introduces the participants to contemporary approaches in the field of pedagogy and teacher-education. It makes the participants self-directed and self-regulated learners with intensive use of reflective practice and critical thinking. Participants gain deeper insight and further develop their concepts and knowledge base through research and project work. The program is designed to provide participants with skills and knowledge to become effective teachers and teacher educators.
Graduation with minimum 45% marks from any HEC recognized university and/or an affiliated institution.
All participants are evaluated on the basis of merit as determined by participant's previous academic record and performance in the interview according to the following weightage:
- Matriculation/O-Level Marks: 20%
- Intermediate/A-Level Marks: 20%
- Graduation Marks: 30%
- Interview: 30%
Additional 5 marks are awarded to all master degree holders.
- Coursework: 60 Credit Hours
- Compulsory Courses: 12(36 credit hours)
- Elective: 03 (09 credit hours)
- Pedagogical Area of Specialization: 02 (06 credit hours)
- Professional Area of Specialization: 03 (09 credit hours)
- Research: 06 credit hours
- Practicum/Teaching Practice: 06 credit hours
- Total: 72 credit hours